
I barely even have the energy to bake these days, but some times I try to make an effort. A minimal one, though. And always something that can be prepared once, eaten later - I love cookie recipes that allow me to freeze ready-scooped dough, to have my own bake-off cookies at hand when the cravings for something sweet strike. (And most cookie recipes work well for that, actually.) These yummy delights from Smitten Kitchen are among the easiest, ever. I think it took me about ten minutes of actual work. At the most. Highly recommended.
For the original post, please go here. She makes lots of suggestions for mix-ins, and talks about how she came across this recipe - me, I just made it. I used not a whole lot of raisins and instead, a lot of chocolate. That's the way I like it.
Thick and chewy Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies
about 24 (at least, it all depends on your size...)
115 g butter, slightly softened
125 g brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla powder (original uses extract)
95 g all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
120 g rolled oats
60 g raisins
100 g dark chocolate, chopped
Cream the butter and sugar until well combined and slightly fluffy - about three minutes. Scrape down the sides, and add the egg and the vanilla. Combine and beat for a minute or two. Stir together all the dry ingredients, I included the mix-ins right away, and then add to the butter mixture. Mix until well combined. Scoop - I use a 1-tbsp cookie scoop - on to a lined baking sheet, or on to a plastic-lined cutting board that you promptly freeze. When you want to bake these, do so at 175°C for 10-12 minutes.
Friday, 29 January 2016
Thick and chewy Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Share this
Related Articles :
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paling Dilihat
-
Even though I often joke about naming dishes a certain way to help with the search engines, I rarely actually do. Mostly because I don’t get...
-
I've done steamed yam cake and radish cake, and this is the first time I come across this steamed cabbage cake! Surprisingly it turned o...
-
A sudden downpour in the afternoon helps to cool down the weather slightly. Let's has a plate of hearty and spicy minced chicken curry r...
-
I've been cooking my way through one of my new favorite cookbooks. Vegan Richa's Indian Kitchen is a creative twist on traditional ...
-
Every autumn when pumpkins are in season, I make sure to make a few trips to purchase some small pie pumpkins and roast them so I have pumpk...
-
Vada — or vadi — refer to a variety of fried savories or snacks that are very popular in southern India. They are commonly made with dals an...
-
Gnocchi alla Romana are as delicious, as they are virtually unknown. I feel like I’ve eaten a fair amount of Italian food, and I’ve been to ...
-
The popularity of raw treats these days doesn't just owe to the wholesome nourishment provided by raw healthy ingredients or to the simp...
-
It is school holiday therefore I've ample time on hand to prepare something which I've plan for quite some time...cooking rempah!! Y...
-
I positively adore raw treats. As a savory type of gal, I do like a bit of sweet here and there, but I'm not into desserts or snacks lad...
Labels
- African
- African Cuisine
- Albums
- Appetizer
- Appetizers
- Apples
- Asian
- Asian Cuisine
- Asparagus
- Avocado
- Azuki Beans
- Bake Along
- Barbecue
- Barley
- beans
- Beans and Legumes
- Beef
- Beets (Beetroot)
- Berries
- Best Recipes
- Beverages
- Black Beans
- Black-Eyed Peas
- Blog News
- Breads
- Breads and Muffins
- Breakfast
- Cabbage
- Candy
- Cannellini Beans
- Cauliflower
- Cheese
- Cherries
- chicken
- Chickpeas
- Chocolate
- condiments
- Cook Your Books
- Cookies
- Cornmeal
- Dal Curries and Soups
- Dessert
- desserts
- Dips
- Dressings
- Drinks
- Duck
- durian
- Eggplant
- Eggs
- Eggs and Cheese
- French Cuisine
- Fruit
- German Cuisine
- gluten-free
- Grains
- Green Beans
- Green Peas
- Grill Recipes
- holidays
- homemade jams/preserves
- icecream/popsicles
- Indian
- Italian
- Italian Cuisine
- japanese
- jelly/pudding
- Kidney Beans
- korean
- Lamb
- Latin Food
- Legumes
- Lentils
- Little Thumbs Up
- Macarons
- Mango
- Mediterranean Cuisine
- Mexican
- Mexican Food
- Middle Eastern
- Millet
- MLLA
- Mung Beans
- Mushrooms
- Navy Beans
- No Croutons Required
- Oats
- pancakes
- Pancakes and Waffles
- Paneer
- Pasta
- pasta/rice
- Pinto Beans
- Pizza
- Pizza and Pasta
- pork
- Potato
- Potatoes
- Pumpkin and Squash
- Quinoa
- Rice
- rice cooker cake
- rice cooker dish
- Salads
- Salads and Dressings
- sandwich/salad
- Sandwiches
- Sauces
- Sauces and Dips
- Seafood
- Side Dish
- siriously nutritious
- slow cooker
- soup
- Soups
- Spanish Cuisine
- Spices
- Spicy
- Spinach
- Split Dals
- Split Peas
- Staple Corner
- Stews
- Thai
- Tips and Techniques
- TODAY tonight
- treats
- Treats and Desserts
- Turkey
- Turkish
- Urad Beans
- Vegan Friendly
- Vegetables
- veggies
0 comments
Post a Comment