
So I promptly blew that post once per week New Years resolution, huh? Oh well. In apology, please share this wonderful dinner with me! It was mainly sprung from leftovers - lots of rice, a little bellpepper, some coriander starting to look wilted... and then some add-ins. This is truly my favorite style of cooking. Me and my husband loved it and my six-year old did as well. Little one, Dante, didn't really care for it but he's in a phase where he mostly lives on cucumber and rye crisp bread so ok, he's not the best judge.
As always, please feel free to make this in whatever way you want to. I like my food mild, but if you want spice, go right ahead - this is a dish that can definitely take it.
Pork Belly Fried Rice
enough for 2 adults, 2 kids
300 g pork belly, in small dice
1/2 tbsp cooking oil (optional)
2 carrots, coarsely grated
2 garlic cloves, grated
good piece of ginger, about the size of a thumb, grated
leftover cooked basmati rice - I had about 600 ml, which is about 2 1/4 cups
handful of frozen corn
2 eggs
salt
soy sauce
rice vinegar
To serve (or stir in by all means, if you don't have picky kids!)
-thinly sliced red onion
-picked coriander leaves
-diced red bellpepper
-quartered and dry-fried button mushrooms
-sriracha sauce
So, first get a large frying pan. Add your pork belly and put the pan on fairly low heat to render the fat. Let it cook for 15 minutes or so. You can add some oil to speed up this process, or not. The goal is to make the pork crispy so when most of the fat is rendered, turn up the heat for a little while to crisp everything. When it's lightly golden add the carrots, and the garlic and ginger. Fry for a few minutes, and then add the rice. Stir well to break up any clumps. Add the corn. Season everything with a little salt, soy sauce and rice vinegar and let it cook for a few more minutes.
Push everything to the side so you have a small corner for the eggs. Crack them in a bowl and beat fairly well, then pour into the pan. Let it cook like a small omelet, pushing the cooked sides towards the middle, until it's lightly cooked through. Mix with the rest of the ingredients.
And that's it. Serve with whatever toppings you'd like! Happy dinner!
Sunday, 17 January 2016
Pork Belly Fried Rice
Share this
Related Articles :
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paling Dilihat
-
Even though I often joke about naming dishes a certain way to help with the search engines, I rarely actually do. Mostly because I don’t get...
-
I've done steamed yam cake and radish cake, and this is the first time I come across this steamed cabbage cake! Surprisingly it turned o...
-
I've been cooking my way through one of my new favorite cookbooks. Vegan Richa's Indian Kitchen is a creative twist on traditional ...
-
A sudden downpour in the afternoon helps to cool down the weather slightly. Let's has a plate of hearty and spicy minced chicken curry r...
-
Gnocchi alla Romana are as delicious, as they are virtually unknown. I feel like I’ve eaten a fair amount of Italian food, and I’ve been to ...
-
It is school holiday therefore I've ample time on hand to prepare something which I've plan for quite some time...cooking rempah!! Y...
-
Every autumn when pumpkins are in season, I make sure to make a few trips to purchase some small pie pumpkins and roast them so I have pumpk...
-
I positively adore raw treats. As a savory type of gal, I do like a bit of sweet here and there, but I'm not into desserts or snacks lad...
-
The popularity of raw treats these days doesn't just owe to the wholesome nourishment provided by raw healthy ingredients or to the simp...
-
It's July and my turn to host No Croutons Required . This long running event is alternately hosted by Jacqueline of Tinned Tomatoes and...
Labels
- African
- African Cuisine
- Albums
- Appetizer
- Appetizers
- Apples
- Asian
- Asian Cuisine
- Asparagus
- Avocado
- Azuki Beans
- Bake Along
- Barbecue
- Barley
- beans
- Beans and Legumes
- Beef
- Beets (Beetroot)
- Berries
- Best Recipes
- Beverages
- Black Beans
- Black-Eyed Peas
- Blog News
- Breads
- Breads and Muffins
- Breakfast
- Cabbage
- Candy
- Cannellini Beans
- Cauliflower
- Cheese
- Cherries
- chicken
- Chickpeas
- Chocolate
- condiments
- Cook Your Books
- Cookies
- Cornmeal
- Dal Curries and Soups
- Dessert
- desserts
- Dips
- Dressings
- Drinks
- Duck
- durian
- Eggplant
- Eggs
- Eggs and Cheese
- French Cuisine
- Fruit
- German Cuisine
- gluten-free
- Grains
- Green Beans
- Green Peas
- Grill Recipes
- holidays
- homemade jams/preserves
- icecream/popsicles
- Indian
- Italian
- Italian Cuisine
- japanese
- jelly/pudding
- Kidney Beans
- korean
- Lamb
- Latin Food
- Legumes
- Lentils
- Little Thumbs Up
- Macarons
- Mango
- Mediterranean Cuisine
- Mexican
- Mexican Food
- Middle Eastern
- Millet
- MLLA
- Mung Beans
- Mushrooms
- Navy Beans
- No Croutons Required
- Oats
- pancakes
- Pancakes and Waffles
- Paneer
- Pasta
- pasta/rice
- Pinto Beans
- Pizza
- Pizza and Pasta
- pork
- Potato
- Potatoes
- Pumpkin and Squash
- Quinoa
- Rice
- rice cooker cake
- rice cooker dish
- Salads
- Salads and Dressings
- sandwich/salad
- Sandwiches
- Sauces
- Sauces and Dips
- Seafood
- Side Dish
- siriously nutritious
- slow cooker
- soup
- Soups
- Spanish Cuisine
- Spices
- Spicy
- Spinach
- Split Dals
- Split Peas
- Staple Corner
- Stews
- Thai
- Tips and Techniques
- TODAY tonight
- treats
- Treats and Desserts
- Turkey
- Turkish
- Urad Beans
- Vegan Friendly
- Vegetables
- veggies
0 comments
Post a Comment