
A quick weekday dinner - my kids really enjoyed this!
Lamb & Beet Sauce, aka Pink Pasta
500 g minced lamb
1 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp tomato purée
1 tbsp oregano
1 beef stock cube
200 ml water
400 ml crushed tomatoes (one can)
100 ml red wine
2 beets, coarsely grated
salt
black pepper
to serve:
Crumbed feta cheese
Heat the oil in a large pot and brown the lamb. Finely mince the garlic and add to the pot with tomato purée, oregano, stock cube, water, tomatoes and wine. Bring to a boil and cook for about 15 minutes. Add the beets and cook for another five minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
Serve with pasta and top with crumbed feta cheese.
Tuesday, 28 October 2014
Lamb & Beet Sauce, aka Pink Pasta
Share this
Related Articles :
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paling Dilihat
-
Even though I often joke about naming dishes a certain way to help with the search engines, I rarely actually do. Mostly because I don’t get...
-
I've done steamed yam cake and radish cake, and this is the first time I come across this steamed cabbage cake! Surprisingly it turned o...
-
A sudden downpour in the afternoon helps to cool down the weather slightly. Let's has a plate of hearty and spicy minced chicken curry r...
-
I've been cooking my way through one of my new favorite cookbooks. Vegan Richa's Indian Kitchen is a creative twist on traditional ...
-
Every autumn when pumpkins are in season, I make sure to make a few trips to purchase some small pie pumpkins and roast them so I have pumpk...
-
Vada — or vadi — refer to a variety of fried savories or snacks that are very popular in southern India. They are commonly made with dals an...
-
Gnocchi alla Romana are as delicious, as they are virtually unknown. I feel like I’ve eaten a fair amount of Italian food, and I’ve been to ...
-
The popularity of raw treats these days doesn't just owe to the wholesome nourishment provided by raw healthy ingredients or to the simp...
-
It is school holiday therefore I've ample time on hand to prepare something which I've plan for quite some time...cooking rempah!! Y...
-
I positively adore raw treats. As a savory type of gal, I do like a bit of sweet here and there, but I'm not into desserts or snacks lad...
Labels
- African
- African Cuisine
- Albums
- Appetizer
- Appetizers
- Apples
- Asian
- Asian Cuisine
- Asparagus
- Avocado
- Azuki Beans
- Bake Along
- Barbecue
- Barley
- beans
- Beans and Legumes
- Beef
- Beets (Beetroot)
- Berries
- Best Recipes
- Beverages
- Black Beans
- Black-Eyed Peas
- Blog News
- Breads
- Breads and Muffins
- Breakfast
- Cabbage
- Candy
- Cannellini Beans
- Cauliflower
- Cheese
- Cherries
- chicken
- Chickpeas
- Chocolate
- condiments
- Cook Your Books
- Cookies
- Cornmeal
- Dal Curries and Soups
- Dessert
- desserts
- Dips
- Dressings
- Drinks
- Duck
- durian
- Eggplant
- Eggs
- Eggs and Cheese
- French Cuisine
- Fruit
- German Cuisine
- gluten-free
- Grains
- Green Beans
- Green Peas
- Grill Recipes
- holidays
- homemade jams/preserves
- icecream/popsicles
- Indian
- Italian
- Italian Cuisine
- japanese
- jelly/pudding
- Kidney Beans
- korean
- Lamb
- Latin Food
- Legumes
- Lentils
- Little Thumbs Up
- Macarons
- Mango
- Mediterranean Cuisine
- Mexican
- Mexican Food
- Middle Eastern
- Millet
- MLLA
- Mung Beans
- Mushrooms
- Navy Beans
- No Croutons Required
- Oats
- pancakes
- Pancakes and Waffles
- Paneer
- Pasta
- pasta/rice
- Pinto Beans
- Pizza
- Pizza and Pasta
- pork
- Potato
- Potatoes
- Pumpkin and Squash
- Quinoa
- Rice
- rice cooker cake
- rice cooker dish
- Salads
- Salads and Dressings
- sandwich/salad
- Sandwiches
- Sauces
- Sauces and Dips
- Seafood
- Side Dish
- siriously nutritious
- slow cooker
- soup
- Soups
- Spanish Cuisine
- Spices
- Spicy
- Spinach
- Split Dals
- Split Peas
- Staple Corner
- Stews
- Thai
- Tips and Techniques
- TODAY tonight
- treats
- Treats and Desserts
- Turkey
- Turkish
- Urad Beans
- Vegan Friendly
- Vegetables
- veggies
0 comments
Post a Comment