
Never mind this not-super-pretty-photo. This sauce is perfect. It's just the right thing to accompany a plate of Swedish meatballs, served with boiled potatoes, lingonberries and pickled cucumbers. This is, as it happens, the traditional serving for this meal. In the US, Swedish meatballs often seem to be served with a cream sauce and pasta - that would never happen here. Cream sauce goes on potatoes. Meatballs and pasta, well, then you add ketchup.
So, here we go:
Best sauce for Swedish meatballs
100 ml water
1 tbsp concentrated veal stock
300 ml cream
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp lingonberry jam
salt, pepper
Take the pan you fried your meatballs in. (And ideally, you didn't scorch any!) Pour in a good splash of water, perhaps 100 ml, and whisk very well. Cook on medium-high heat. Add the concentrated veal stock and cream. Cook for a few minutes. Add the soy sauce, jam and salt and pepper. Cook for a few more minutes, while whisking.
Serve with meatballs, boiled potatoes, lingonberry jam and quick-pickled cucmbers.
Wednesday, 24 September 2014
Best sauce for Swedish meatballs
Share this
Related Articles :
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paling Dilihat
-
Even though I often joke about naming dishes a certain way to help with the search engines, I rarely actually do. Mostly because I don’t get...
-
I've done steamed yam cake and radish cake, and this is the first time I come across this steamed cabbage cake! Surprisingly it turned o...
-
I've been cooking my way through one of my new favorite cookbooks. Vegan Richa's Indian Kitchen is a creative twist on traditional ...
-
A sudden downpour in the afternoon helps to cool down the weather slightly. Let's has a plate of hearty and spicy minced chicken curry r...
-
Vada — or vadi — refer to a variety of fried savories or snacks that are very popular in southern India. They are commonly made with dals an...
-
Gnocchi alla Romana are as delicious, as they are virtually unknown. I feel like I’ve eaten a fair amount of Italian food, and I’ve been to ...
-
It is school holiday therefore I've ample time on hand to prepare something which I've plan for quite some time...cooking rempah!! Y...
-
Every autumn when pumpkins are in season, I make sure to make a few trips to purchase some small pie pumpkins and roast them so I have pumpk...
-
The popularity of raw treats these days doesn't just owe to the wholesome nourishment provided by raw healthy ingredients or to the simp...
-
I positively adore raw treats. As a savory type of gal, I do like a bit of sweet here and there, but I'm not into desserts or snacks lad...
Labels
- African
- African Cuisine
- Albums
- Appetizer
- Appetizers
- Apples
- Asian
- Asian Cuisine
- Asparagus
- Avocado
- Azuki Beans
- Bake Along
- Barbecue
- Barley
- beans
- Beans and Legumes
- Beef
- Beets (Beetroot)
- Berries
- Best Recipes
- Beverages
- Black Beans
- Black-Eyed Peas
- Blog News
- Breads
- Breads and Muffins
- Breakfast
- Cabbage
- Candy
- Cannellini Beans
- Cauliflower
- Cheese
- Cherries
- chicken
- Chickpeas
- Chocolate
- condiments
- Cook Your Books
- Cookies
- Cornmeal
- Dal Curries and Soups
- Dessert
- desserts
- Dips
- Dressings
- Drinks
- Duck
- durian
- Eggplant
- Eggs
- Eggs and Cheese
- French Cuisine
- Fruit
- German Cuisine
- gluten-free
- Grains
- Green Beans
- Green Peas
- Grill Recipes
- holidays
- homemade jams/preserves
- icecream/popsicles
- Indian
- Italian
- Italian Cuisine
- japanese
- jelly/pudding
- Kidney Beans
- korean
- Lamb
- Latin Food
- Legumes
- Lentils
- Little Thumbs Up
- Macarons
- Mango
- Mediterranean Cuisine
- Mexican
- Mexican Food
- Middle Eastern
- Millet
- MLLA
- Mung Beans
- Mushrooms
- Navy Beans
- No Croutons Required
- Oats
- pancakes
- Pancakes and Waffles
- Paneer
- Pasta
- pasta/rice
- Pinto Beans
- Pizza
- Pizza and Pasta
- pork
- Potato
- Potatoes
- Pumpkin and Squash
- Quinoa
- Rice
- rice cooker cake
- rice cooker dish
- Salads
- Salads and Dressings
- sandwich/salad
- Sandwiches
- Sauces
- Sauces and Dips
- Seafood
- Side Dish
- siriously nutritious
- slow cooker
- soup
- Soups
- Spanish Cuisine
- Spices
- Spicy
- Spinach
- Split Dals
- Split Peas
- Staple Corner
- Stews
- Thai
- Tips and Techniques
- TODAY tonight
- treats
- Treats and Desserts
- Turkey
- Turkish
- Urad Beans
- Vegan Friendly
- Vegetables
- veggies
0 comments
Post a Comment