
I was desperate to try my new Chef'n Sweet Spot Ice cream maker - I love it by the way - so I whipped up a quick vanilla ice cream base. None of that tempering-egg-yolks-leave-overnight-business! A custard base ice cream keeps a lot better, but since the Sweet Spot only makes a single serving, it doesn't really matter. I also like the slightly cooler mouthfeel an egg-free ice cream gives.
I used two vanilla beans since I have a bunch to use up - but one will do. And yes, I know, the photo doesn't look very vanilla because apparently I didn't manage to get a photo of a plain bowl. This had stirred in cherry compote and is covered by sone homemade magic shell. Yum!
Quick vanilla ice cream
6-8 servings
500 ml cream (full-fat)
250 ml milk
150 g sugar
tiny pinch of salt
2 vanilla beans, scored and scraped
1 tsp vanilla extract (can be omitted, but is nice)
Heat half the cream with the sugar, salt and vanilla beans. Stir over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Pour onto the rest of the cream and milk, and the vanilla extract. Chill completely before freezing in whatever ice cream machine you have.
Wednesday, 23 July 2014
Quick vanilla ice cream
Share this
Related Articles :
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paling Dilihat
-
Even though I often joke about naming dishes a certain way to help with the search engines, I rarely actually do. Mostly because I don’t get...
-
I've done steamed yam cake and radish cake, and this is the first time I come across this steamed cabbage cake! Surprisingly it turned o...
-
I've been cooking my way through one of my new favorite cookbooks. Vegan Richa's Indian Kitchen is a creative twist on traditional ...
-
A sudden downpour in the afternoon helps to cool down the weather slightly. Let's has a plate of hearty and spicy minced chicken curry r...
-
Vada — or vadi — refer to a variety of fried savories or snacks that are very popular in southern India. They are commonly made with dals an...
-
Gnocchi alla Romana are as delicious, as they are virtually unknown. I feel like I’ve eaten a fair amount of Italian food, and I’ve been to ...
-
It is school holiday therefore I've ample time on hand to prepare something which I've plan for quite some time...cooking rempah!! Y...
-
Every autumn when pumpkins are in season, I make sure to make a few trips to purchase some small pie pumpkins and roast them so I have pumpk...
-
The popularity of raw treats these days doesn't just owe to the wholesome nourishment provided by raw healthy ingredients or to the simp...
-
I positively adore raw treats. As a savory type of gal, I do like a bit of sweet here and there, but I'm not into desserts or snacks lad...
Labels
- African
- African Cuisine
- Albums
- Appetizer
- Appetizers
- Apples
- Asian
- Asian Cuisine
- Asparagus
- Avocado
- Azuki Beans
- Bake Along
- Barbecue
- Barley
- beans
- Beans and Legumes
- Beef
- Beets (Beetroot)
- Berries
- Best Recipes
- Beverages
- Black Beans
- Black-Eyed Peas
- Blog News
- Breads
- Breads and Muffins
- Breakfast
- Cabbage
- Candy
- Cannellini Beans
- Cauliflower
- Cheese
- Cherries
- chicken
- Chickpeas
- Chocolate
- condiments
- Cook Your Books
- Cookies
- Cornmeal
- Dal Curries and Soups
- Dessert
- desserts
- Dips
- Dressings
- Drinks
- Duck
- durian
- Eggplant
- Eggs
- Eggs and Cheese
- French Cuisine
- Fruit
- German Cuisine
- gluten-free
- Grains
- Green Beans
- Green Peas
- Grill Recipes
- holidays
- homemade jams/preserves
- icecream/popsicles
- Indian
- Italian
- Italian Cuisine
- japanese
- jelly/pudding
- Kidney Beans
- korean
- Lamb
- Latin Food
- Legumes
- Lentils
- Little Thumbs Up
- Macarons
- Mango
- Mediterranean Cuisine
- Mexican
- Mexican Food
- Middle Eastern
- Millet
- MLLA
- Mung Beans
- Mushrooms
- Navy Beans
- No Croutons Required
- Oats
- pancakes
- Pancakes and Waffles
- Paneer
- Pasta
- pasta/rice
- Pinto Beans
- Pizza
- Pizza and Pasta
- pork
- Potato
- Potatoes
- Pumpkin and Squash
- Quinoa
- Rice
- rice cooker cake
- rice cooker dish
- Salads
- Salads and Dressings
- sandwich/salad
- Sandwiches
- Sauces
- Sauces and Dips
- Seafood
- Side Dish
- siriously nutritious
- slow cooker
- soup
- Soups
- Spanish Cuisine
- Spices
- Spicy
- Spinach
- Split Dals
- Split Peas
- Staple Corner
- Stews
- Thai
- Tips and Techniques
- TODAY tonight
- treats
- Treats and Desserts
- Turkey
- Turkish
- Urad Beans
- Vegan Friendly
- Vegetables
- veggies
0 comments
Post a Comment