
Microplane has sent me some goodies - really awesome, sharp goodies. I've been using their graters for years, and while I love them and use them often, I was dismayed when two of mine decided to break at virtually the same time! Both had plastic framing and that's what broke - not too surprisingly after hard use, but still, disappointing. These ones, however, are part of the Gourmet series and there's no plastic, meaning there's really nothing that can break.
I use the fine one for garlic, ginger, chocolate, and citrus zest, mostly. The large one is great for cheese, although I also have an older ribbon grater that's pretty nice. The large one can also do things like carrots, cucumber (perfect for tzatziki) and many other things.
The third thing in the photo is Microplane's new mandolin slicer! It's nice and sturdy but it's main feature is that it has a removable julienne blade. Basically it's a small extra attachment, that makes perfect long ribbons of food. While not in use, there's a storage place for it in the back of the slicer - very handy.
I don't think I need to tell you that all of these are super sharp and should be handled with care. Nothing for the kids! :-)
Thursday, 17 July 2014
News from Microplane
Share this
Related Articles :
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paling Dilihat
-
Even though I often joke about naming dishes a certain way to help with the search engines, I rarely actually do. Mostly because I don’t get...
-
I've done steamed yam cake and radish cake, and this is the first time I come across this steamed cabbage cake! Surprisingly it turned o...
-
A sudden downpour in the afternoon helps to cool down the weather slightly. Let's has a plate of hearty and spicy minced chicken curry r...
-
I've been cooking my way through one of my new favorite cookbooks. Vegan Richa's Indian Kitchen is a creative twist on traditional ...
-
Every autumn when pumpkins are in season, I make sure to make a few trips to purchase some small pie pumpkins and roast them so I have pumpk...
-
Vada — or vadi — refer to a variety of fried savories or snacks that are very popular in southern India. They are commonly made with dals an...
-
Gnocchi alla Romana are as delicious, as they are virtually unknown. I feel like I’ve eaten a fair amount of Italian food, and I’ve been to ...
-
The popularity of raw treats these days doesn't just owe to the wholesome nourishment provided by raw healthy ingredients or to the simp...
-
It is school holiday therefore I've ample time on hand to prepare something which I've plan for quite some time...cooking rempah!! Y...
-
I positively adore raw treats. As a savory type of gal, I do like a bit of sweet here and there, but I'm not into desserts or snacks lad...
Labels
- African
- African Cuisine
- Albums
- Appetizer
- Appetizers
- Apples
- Asian
- Asian Cuisine
- Asparagus
- Avocado
- Azuki Beans
- Bake Along
- Barbecue
- Barley
- beans
- Beans and Legumes
- Beef
- Beets (Beetroot)
- Berries
- Best Recipes
- Beverages
- Black Beans
- Black-Eyed Peas
- Blog News
- Breads
- Breads and Muffins
- Breakfast
- Cabbage
- Candy
- Cannellini Beans
- Cauliflower
- Cheese
- Cherries
- chicken
- Chickpeas
- Chocolate
- condiments
- Cook Your Books
- Cookies
- Cornmeal
- Dal Curries and Soups
- Dessert
- desserts
- Dips
- Dressings
- Drinks
- Duck
- durian
- Eggplant
- Eggs
- Eggs and Cheese
- French Cuisine
- Fruit
- German Cuisine
- gluten-free
- Grains
- Green Beans
- Green Peas
- Grill Recipes
- holidays
- homemade jams/preserves
- icecream/popsicles
- Indian
- Italian
- Italian Cuisine
- japanese
- jelly/pudding
- Kidney Beans
- korean
- Lamb
- Latin Food
- Legumes
- Lentils
- Little Thumbs Up
- Macarons
- Mango
- Mediterranean Cuisine
- Mexican
- Mexican Food
- Middle Eastern
- Millet
- MLLA
- Mung Beans
- Mushrooms
- Navy Beans
- No Croutons Required
- Oats
- pancakes
- Pancakes and Waffles
- Paneer
- Pasta
- pasta/rice
- Pinto Beans
- Pizza
- Pizza and Pasta
- pork
- Potato
- Potatoes
- Pumpkin and Squash
- Quinoa
- Rice
- rice cooker cake
- rice cooker dish
- Salads
- Salads and Dressings
- sandwich/salad
- Sandwiches
- Sauces
- Sauces and Dips
- Seafood
- Side Dish
- siriously nutritious
- slow cooker
- soup
- Soups
- Spanish Cuisine
- Spices
- Spicy
- Spinach
- Split Dals
- Split Peas
- Staple Corner
- Stews
- Thai
- Tips and Techniques
- TODAY tonight
- treats
- Treats and Desserts
- Turkey
- Turkish
- Urad Beans
- Vegan Friendly
- Vegetables
- veggies
0 comments
Post a Comment